|Sesame chicken bowl|
Jun 29, 2012
Entertainment, Art & Trucks (of the food variety) every Tuesday night from 5:30PM-9:00PM at Figueroa Produce (6312 North Figueroa St), Highland Park
Foodies: Please do not park at the 99 cent store. Park in the surrounding areas or this location will be shut down. Please share!
Jun 28, 2012
Jun 27, 2012
StreetFoodAlliance.com trucks will be at Walgreens on Valley View St and Chapman Ave, every Saturday 5-9pm
The address is 11950 Valley View Street on the border of Garden Grove, Los Alamitos, Seal Beach, Bolsa Chica, and Cypress! Next to LA Fitness.
Portion of the proceeds will be donated back into the community
Follow @CommunityDinner on twitter for more info.
This Saturday June 22nd 5-9p scheduled trucks:
The Burnt Truck, Calbi BBQ, Long Boards Ice Cream, Morsels Bakery Truck, Sexy Burger, Piaggio On Wheels, Rancho A Go Go,
...and at 6:30p Pogi Boy and Dos Chinos will join the PARTY!
Free and open to the community!
Jun 26, 2012
Hungry? Get a Taste of “Home Sweet Home”
at the 2012 OC Fair
Enjoy Deep-Fried Classics, New Creations and Food Exhibits,
Cooking Demonstrations and Contests
Costa Mesa, Calif. (June 26, 2012) – Costa Mesa, Calif. (June 26, 2012) – The theme of the 2012 OC Fair (July 13-August 12) is “Home Sweet Home” and this year the Fair is not skimping on the “sweet.”
Whether Fairgoers want to learn about food, watch the pros prepare it or just want to enjoy some tasty treats, the OC Fair delivers something for everyone. Here is a mouthwatering preview of what the 2012 OC Fair is cooking up this year:
- Click on thumbnails or visit the
OC Fair’s Flickr page to download.
- Need a Bacon Fix?: At the new Bacon A-Fair, choose from bacon-wrapped turkey legs, deep-fried beer-battered bacon-wrapped hot dogs or the Smokey Porkabello, a bacon-wrapped mushroom with smoked Gouda.
- Take a Ride on the Pineapple Express: Not into the deep-fried thing? Then float on over to the new Pineapple Express (courtesy of Chicken Charlie) which features cored out pineapples filled with shrimp cocktail, fruit and grilled shrimp or chicken and more.
- The Big Rib: Calling all carnivores! Looking to feed your wild side? Come to Biggy’s Meat Market for The Big Rib, a two-pound beef rib on a 17-inch bone, with your choice of homemade sauce. Can’t finish it all? Not to worry! Biggy’s provides an 18-inch Big Rib Doggy Bone bag—once the meat is devoured, take the bone home to your pooch.
- $2 Taste of Fair Food: Every Friday from Noon-4 p.m., Fairgoers can sample the best the Fair has to offer for only $2 each. Fun-sized samples include funnel cake, BBQ tri-tip, lemonade, cinnamon rolls, corn dogs, tacos, gelato, cotton candy and more.
- Celebrity Chefs: The 2012 OC Fair presents two shows in The Hangar featuring dynamic celebrity chefs demonstrating their culinary talents. Scheduled appearances include the Food Network’s Robert Irvine (July 26, 1 p.m.) and Bravo’s “Top Chef” fan-favorite Fabio Viviani (August 2, 1 p.m.). Free with Fair admission.
- Food Truck Fare at the OC Fair: Find gourmet fare within the Fair as the popular Food Truck Fare continues inside Fair gates, offering food truck cuisine every Thursday from Noon-10 p.m. Access is free with Fair admission and prices vary per truck.
- OC Fair Chowdown: Watch the best of the best face-off for culinary glory in a series of live cooking challenges. On July 19 and 28, see food truck chefs go head-to-head in competition as they put their delicacies to the test. On August 2 and 9, see Orange County amateur home cooks test their skills against professional chefs. Winners will receive bragging rights and an award to commemorate their culinary victory. Viewing is free with Fair admission.
- Contests and Competitions: Whether you’re good at cooking or eating, the OC Fair is just the place to bring out your competitive side. Daily, free eating contests are held for children in the Fun Zone Tent at 6:30 p.m. (Registration is 30 minutes before each contest) and Knott’s Berry Farm hosts a pie-eating contest for all-ages at 7 p.m. in the Exhibit Promenade (Registration starts at 6:30 p.m.) Each Saturday, Fairgoers have the chance to compete in the Culinary Arts Special Contests, which are judged live at the Fair for the best cookies, cupcakes, chili and hometown dish (Online entry registration is the Wednesday before each contest. Visit ocfair.com/competitions for information and to register.)
- Chocolate Unwrapped: This new exhibit in the Exhibit Promenade puts the “sweet” in “Home Sweet Home.” Come learn how chocolate is made, from the bean to the bar. Complete with demonstrations by Xan Confections.
- Centennial Farm: Come learn where food comes from on this year-round, four-acre demonstration farm featuring educational exhibits, agricultural organizations, growing crops, livestock and the fruit & vegetable competitive entries with the biggest lemons, most unusually shaped vegetables and best home-grown pumpkins Orange County has to offer.
Click on thumbnail or visit the
OC Fair’s Flickr page to download.
The OC Fair & Event Center is located off the 405 and 55 freeways at 88 Fair Drive in Costa Mesa. For more information, please visit ocfair.com, become a fan at Facebook.com/OCFair, follow us at twitter.com/ocfair or call (714) 708-1500. Also, look for the free OC Fair iPhone and Android apps this summer. Get excited for the 2012 Fair! Watch our new commercial on YouTube.
Jun 25, 2012
LAS VEGAS, NV – “Tuff-N-Uff: The Future Stars of MMA” presents the Amateur Fighting Championships at the South Point Arena on Friday, July 6 from 4 p.m. – 10 p.m. The event will feature a mobile convoy of Las Vegas’ hottest restaurants on tires and a shoot-around with USA basketball legend Chris Mullin.
Ticket holders are invited to attend the official pre-party for the event beginning at 6:00 p.m., which will feature free Shock Top beer and Spicebox whiskey tasting and a live music performance from The Sin City Sinners. Guests will also have the chance to meet and shoot-around with Olympic gold medalist and former NBA All-Star Chris Mullin courtesy of the MetroPCS USA Basketball Legends Tour. The first fighters will hit the ring at 7:30 p.m.
General seating for Tuff-N-Uff: FESTIBRAWL starts at only $25 and is available by calling South Point Arena Box Office at (702) 797-8055 or online at SouthPointArena.com. Admission to the food truck area is free and open to the public from 5 p.m. until the fights end.
Enjoy this incredible event with seats so close you can feel the action with the purchase of The SPICEBOX Ultra Lounge package. The package will provide guests an exclusive experience featuring premium elevated floor seats on VIP couches for eight, a suite in the South Point for the night, two bottles of premium Spicebox Whiskey with mixers, unlimited cocktail service with a visit from the Spicebox Prohibition Girls and Tuff-N-Uff apparel. For more information and to purchase The SPICEBOX Ultra Lounge Package please call (702) 797-8273 or visit the South Point Arena Box Office.
Who: “Tuff-N-Uff: The Future Stars of MMA” along with Las Vegas’ most popular gourmet food trucks including:
Rolling Sushi Van
When: Friday, July 6, 2012
5 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Where: South Point Arena
9777 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas
I-15 at Silverado Ranch Boulevard
Food Truck Food Festival Fundraiser Opening with Food Network Blog Coverage in Penn Valley, CA
Foods4Thought.org announced the opening of its first annual Food Truck Food Festival in Penn Valley, CA with Food Network media correspondent, Stitches & Dishes.
Penn Valley, CA (PRUnderground) June 25th, 2012
More than 20 food trucks and street food vendors from San Francisco, San Jose, Santa Clara, Oakland, Redwood City, Sacramento, Grass Valley and Penn Valley will debut at the first annual Foods4Thought.org Food Truck Food Festival at Western Gateway Park in Penn Valley, CA on June 30, 2012, from noon until 6:00 p.m.
Sponsored by Stitches ‘n Dishes, the first annual Food Truck Food Festival will benefit the Food Bank of Nevada County, Animal Save, and the Nevada Union High School Agricultural Department. Foods4Thought.org will coordinate a food drive for the Food Bank of Nevada County and Animal Save during the event.
Proceeds from ticket sales and attractions will be donated to the Nevada Union High School Agricultural Department.
Patti Smith, founder at Foods4Thought.org proposed the festival fundraiser idea to Christopher Ford and Andrew Nicora at Stitches ‘n Dishes in February. Ford and Nicora, media correspondents for the popular Food Network television show, “Eat St,” which features food trucks and food stands across North America, have provided $10,000.00 to sponsor the food festival, and provide media support.
“Stiches ‘n Dishes is the perfect partner for Foods4Thought.org,” said Smith. “We couldn’t have done this without their support. Chris and Andrew have provided valuable oversight and have been there every step of the way for us.”
The food truck food festival will feature gourmet, traditional, exotic, international and specialty foods prepared by more than 20 street food vendors from the San Francisco Bay Area, the South Bay, East Bay, Sacramento and Nevada County, as well as a full day of live entertainment, activities for kids and adults, a beer and wine garden, a mechanical bull, rock climbing wall, bounce houses, face painting, balloon twisters, and a dunk tank.
“We were very selective in planning the food offering for the festival,” said Ford. “The vendors we selected were scrutinized against our five-point rating system. We focused on creating an atmosphere and diversity in food, entertainment and activities at the event.”
Saul Rayo & Cocina del Mundo, Bob Mora and the Third Degrees, and Then Again will perform throughout the festival.
Tickets for the event are on sale online on the Foods4Thought Facebook page, or at the entrance.
Stitches ‘n Dishes will cover the event on video for a story on Food Network’s, “Eat St” blog in August. Limited press passes are available to media.
The first annual Foods4Thought.org Food Truck Food Festival is the first organized event in Nevada County to feature more than 20 street food vendors and food trucks at Western Gateway Park in Penn Valley, CA. The festival will be held on June 30, 2012, from noon until 6:00 p.m